Cloud Engineer - MelbourneJoin our team
With over 15 years experience in Amazon Web Services, Cloud and DevOps, base2Services is a recognised leader both in Australia and around the world. Proudly certifed ISO27001:2013 for Cloud Development and Operations, and an Amazon Web Services competency partner for ‘SaaS’ and ‘DevOps’, we have proven success in our Cloud Operations methodologies that deliver the right value to our global client base.
We help clients build and manage innovative, scalable and agile cloud-based solutions. We deliver auto scaling, self-healing environments so our clients can deploy as often as they need, integrating CI/CD tools and repeatable processes.
We are growing and looking for the right people to join base2Services and be part of our dynamic team of Cloud Engineers. Calling for Junior to Mid-Senior level experience.
As a base2Services Engineer you will
- Apply your skills to bridge the gap and leverage automation, in order to deliver results for our customers.
- Identify and improve client technical processes, tasks and technologies.
- Be part of a team that extends the client's team. Customer success is integral to 'what' we do and 'why'.
- Engage and work closely with customer development teams to make changes earlier, more often, within development and test environments.
- A Managed Service is what we offer, which includes 24 x 7 proactive production support.
- Grow professionally and personally through base2's fantastic team culture, fostering innovation, a supportive peer review process, and team aligned collaboration. Because base2Services has 100% certification commitment, you will receive training, mentoring and recognition to advance your skills. As a member of a global team, you will deliver cutting edge results through proven approach and processes.
- We promote constant team idea sharing and peer review, in a supportive environment.
- Regular internal 'Hack days', it's up to the team to decide the outcome, all for the benefit of base2's team, tooling and customers.
- Develop and deliver cloud based solutions and automation, including capability to build multiple environments, automatically deploy customer application(s) as well as continuous integration tools.
- Work within a global team delivering change on a weekly cycle, you can prioritise your workload, speak up and ask for assistance from peers to deliver positive outcomes in a timely manner.
Your skills include/You are:
- Always keen and eager to learn from others; as a team we achieve more.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise across customers.
- Strong ability to engage, collaborate and raise discussions with the internal and customer teams.
- Demonstrated capability to solve problems, seek solutions and communicate these openly in a timely manner.
- Critical thinking capacity, ability to see implications of actions and technical design.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualification
- Supporting applications on AWS.
- Demonstrate hands on experience using Linux and/or Windows.
- Successful attainment of AWS certification, in either AWS Sys Ops, AWS Developer or AWS Solution Architecture.
- Preferred – Experience in Cloud infrastructure automation tools, e.g.: Cloudformation.
- Preferred - Development of Continuous Integration build pipelines and management, e.g.: Jenkins
- Proven experience with scripting languages, e.g.: Ruby, Python & NodeJS
- Desirable - Programming language experience, e.g.: Java and NodeJS
Styles/Values and Attitudes
- You are trustworthy and experienced in dealing with sensitive client data
- You have a positive 'can do' approach and work alongside peers who are like-minded, constantly learning through customer outcomes
- Prepared to adjust known methods to fit in with processes, customer requirements, and find new ways of doing things
- Know when to take the initiative, speak up and are prepared to do so
- Realise that customer success is our success, so you must want to help our customers achieve their objectives
- Research and development aspirations, you want to push the boundaries through experimentation and trialling of new ideas
- Modern office in Melbourne CBD location combined with remote working from home
- Excellent career advancement with Australia's most experienced Cloud Company
- Fast-paced working environment, collaborative and dynamic team, working with smart like-minded peers
- Playpen to test your ideas, learn and innovate through experimentation
- This is not a consulting role; you'll work with some amazing customers to deliver their successes over long service engagements
- Your ideas and opinions matter, this drives change